Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Whole Brain Teaching

A big shout out and thank you to  Fun and Fearless in First for leading me to check into Whole Brain Teaching! Last night, I checked them out and immediately fell in love! I ran right into my class and began teaching the rules! I joined the website today and want more!!! I am going to review rules tomorrow and add Teach-OK tomorrow. I am so excited! I cannot even go to bed tonight!
I am sure I will be adding so much more on this subject. I am not scared of Dibels tonight, the only thing I can focus on is the way my kids responded to this awesome teaching strategy. It's really awesome! (Have I said that yet?) Check it out WholeBrainTeaching  and did I mention all the training online is free! I am pretty sure this is correct. There are soo many resources and when I signed up the welcome email was so informative, I am saving it for future reference. There are "levels" that help with year long classroom management. Now, please understand I have only been onto this for a day..So, I'm not an expert, just a really excited teacher. Today was so good watching my students have fun. I want them to learn and be successful, but I always feel like First grade just isn't fun anymore.
OK, I really need to go to bed. I will update on these methods tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment